conditions for some border lakes are not known. Another flight is scheduled for Thursday morning
- Except for Snowbank, most lakes in the west zone are open.
- Moose Chain to Prairie all open. All of Basswood, Knife and Ensign are open.
- Kekekabic and Knife are open.
- Burntside is open.
- White Iron, Bear Island, and Shagawa are open.
- Snowbank has ice in the center and on the east side.
- Rivers are open.
- Lakes One through Four, Insula, and Alice are open.
- Up the Echo Trail: Jeanette L. and Big L. are open.
East Side: Lakes on the east side of the forest on the southern half are mostly open.
- Outside the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness, Crescent, Fourmile, Toohey, and Lichen are open.
- Mid- Trail and West Bearskin not open--slim chance of it opening by the weekend.
- Gunflint Lake open up to Magnetic Lake but there is still ice on the shores.
- Round Lake Open
- Missing Link Lake open
- Saganaga and Greenwood are NOT open.
- Seagull open
- Ham Lake open- Cross River and Cross Lake- open
- Probably nothing open yet in the Vento area (Daniels, Duncan)
- Bog, Quadga, Kawishiwi, Isabella, Koma, Malberg, Polly, and Perent Lakes are OPEN.